Our focus on manufacturing and natural capital in the supply chain
BWG Group introduced a number of innovative initiatives to make our operations more environmentally friendly.
- BWG Foodservice has brokered a deal with the main state utility provider to fund the replacement of traditional lighting in retail stores with new, energy efficient LED lighting solutions. We provide a fully funded solution for retailers looking to reduce their carbon footprint and electricity bill.
- We introduced a fleet modernisation project in 2015, and we have now expanded our fleet with 27 new Mercedes Benz Euro 6 grade tractor units and rigid trucks. These vehicles all contain BlueTEC ECO technology, which delivers superior fuel efficiency.
- Recycling of dry mixed recyclables and food waste, food composting and cardboard and plastic bailing takes place at all BWG Group sites. All cardboard and plastic waste generated by the NDC is bailed for recycling.
In the coming months we will consider incentives around:
- Dual flush and sensor taps
- Combined heat and power (CHP) electricity generation
- Motion sensors in training rooms and offices
- Electricity saving plugs